VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 T5 7H has a central locking fault. Neither the key nor the fob are working. The vehicle is a recent purchase so I don't know the history of the fault.

Things I have tried
I have sorted out the common wire fault under the drivers seat.
I have tried to match the fob to the CCU with the switch on, switch off ignition method.
I did see some original fault codes on VCDS for the CCU but after resetting and sorting out the above wire they are there no more.
I do have a spare CCU unit but I am unsure how to transfer the original model data to the new one.
I do not have access to access module 35 nor 46, only number 9.
I have tried remote matching via 9 but no luck there.
I have checked few 11.

As you see a lot of things are ruled out but I am struggling to find the next step as all the searches bring up either the CCU fault or the wire fault. I do however believe it could be something else as both the key and remote do not activate the central locking.

Thanks in advance.

·
Special Rapporteur
9,296 Posts
If you can't access address 46 with VCDS then you would appear to have no communications with Central Convenience, though I'm surprised that you are getting no fault codes - I would expect the CAN Gateway (address 19) to be complaining about the fact that it cannot "see" that module.

Can you confirm that the CAN Gateway Installation List contains a correct entry for address 46?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
This is from the original log with the original CCU, but ever since clearing it has not re-appeared. When you say look for the correct entry what should it say? (bit of a vcds newbie).

I cannot access 46 with either CCU unit but I didn't think it was an issue as someone else had posted on the forum that they didn't have access to it either on a 7H.

I won't be at the vans location until tomorrow so I want to have as much information as I can of what to check.

Address 19: CAN Gateway Labels: 6N0-909-901-19.lbl
Part No: 6N0 909 901
Component: Gateway K<->CAN 0001
Coding: 00006
Shop #: WSC 02736
VCID: 70EF65C730A31ACA25-513C

3 Faults Found:
01336 - Company Data Bus for Comfort System
49-10 - No Communications - Intermittent
01330 - Central Control Module for Central Convenience (J393)
49-00 - No Communications
01304 - Radio
49-00 - No Communications

--------------------------------------

This is from the log of the spare unit after we tried that, but seems to be the same as what the original unit is also currently saying.

Address 19: CAN Gateway Labels: 6N0-909-901-19.lbl
Part No: 6N0 909 901
Component: Gateway K<->CAN 0001
Coding: 00006
Shop #: WSC 02736
VCID: 70EF65C730A31ACA25-513C

No fault code found.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts