VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi bought my van in March, has full electric pack with Central locking. Does anyone know if it's remote central locking as I never got anything but a standard looking key with it. The key works all the doors when turned manually. Is there any way of telling if it would support a remote key?.
Taa

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi!
You didn't write what year your car was built. In the newest releases (blue illumination) you can find the central lock controller behind the instrument cluster 7D0959800 (B). If it has "Funk-STG" (Funk Steuergeräte) written on it, that means "Radio Controller Unit" -> can be remote controlled.
Cheers

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers spark mate, sorry it is a 2000 model, I,ll have a gander over the next few days, cheers for the infoA:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi!
You didn't write what year your car was built. In the newest releases (blue illumination) you can find the central lock controller behind the instrument cluster 7D0959800 (B). If it has "Funk-STG" (Funk Steuergeräte) written on it, that means "Radio Controller Unit" -> can be remote controlled.
Cheers
Just hijacking this post. I have a 1998 Velle with central locking and a alarm fob. Do you know if this should work the central locking as just seems to do alarm??? Factory fitted alarm,

Thanks

·
Registered
171 Posts
@Biggy:

Alarm system for T4 could be ordered as a Service Center Specialized optional equipment. This alarm is controlled by a microswitch in the driver side door lock mechanism independently you lock it by remote or key. This is because the key fob can be the same wether equipped with alarm or not. If I know well. I don't know if your car is equipped with alarm unit but you can easily recognize 'cause the factory alarm should have two ultrasound sensors, a control LED in the dash and a secondary horn in the engine compartment.

Cheers

·
Registered
69 Posts
Cheers for the reply. My car has a scorpion 915 alarm fitted. Key fob has 1 button.
It works the alarm but not the central locking? Should it? Or is there a way to make it work?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sorry Biggy I've never seen Scorpion alarms, but I'm sure it should. Why can't you control the central lock by remote? There's possible connecting fault or a programmable feature of the alarm or even the alarm's inability.

Cheers

·
Registered
171 Posts
Good evening Jamie!

Yes, it will be good, but there is a question: can the seller give support later for example the fob will be lost or damaged, etc.? Maybe it is not an important thing.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
If it's quality and aftersales service you are after....

Keyless entry Kit

For a limited time we are shipping our new and improved Factory case remotes at no extra cost, I have not got these listed on the website yet - mostly because it's about to be turned off and a new shiny version turned on, but also because i've not got any decent photos yet

here is a cak picture!

Right Click OEM Style on the right,

New version - OEM case on the left

1 - 12 of 12 Posts