VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get my central locking working.

My van has the central locking relays fitted but I cannot get them to fire off with the remote. I took the door cards off and the relays seem to move when I push the rod manually so not jammed up. All the cabling seems to be connected correctly. I've tried syncing the remote and there's a fresh battery in it but no cigar.

Is there any other way to trigger the central locking relays? Any other troubleshooting I should be doing?

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,377 Posts
They are motors, not relays.
Do they work if you press the lock button on drivers door (ie, ALL doors lock)?

If so, it's probably the receiver that's either faulty or got a connection problem.

If all the doors do NOT lock, it's most likely a broken wire in the door bellows.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sourced the problem today - well two problems. Three 15 amp fuses were blown and there was a loose wire at the back of the fuse box when I removed it. Fixed those and now both my radio and the central locking working.

When I say working the central locking is doing something odd - when I press the open button on the fob the passenger door locks but then opens again. When I press the lock button on the fob nothing happens. If I manually press the lock peg down on the drivers door the passenger peg goes down too.

Can't figure it out other than the motor in the drivers door is foobar. :*

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
I sourced the problem today - well two problems. Three 15 amp fuses were blown and there was a loose wire at the back of the fuse box when I removed it. Fixed those and now both my radio and the central locking working.

When I say working the central locking is doing something odd - when I press the open button on the fob the passenger door locks but then opens again. When I press the lock button on the fob nothing happens. If I manually press the lock peg down on the drivers door the passenger peg goes down too.

Can't figure it out other than the motor in the drivers door is foobar. :*
As has been said check the wiring through the door, and the actuators (which corrode). The chances are the fuses blew for a reason ;)

I have had well over 20 years of T4 electrics ............. and just about a new everything, central locking problems are top of the list :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts