VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I'm a new member and a new Cali owner, having taken delivery of a 2006 SE over the weekend. I have an issue with the central locking and, despite having read through the helpful thread, I'm not seeing the exact symptoms I'm having. I'm wondering whether anyone has seen something similar?!? Issue:

1. Remote key fob opens drivers door only. This means that you need to open the drivers door and press the button on the inside (top) of the drivers door itself to open all other doors.
  2. Remote key fob successfully locks all doors

This drivers door only opening is a big pain, especially with kids and/or shopping.

Things I've tried:

• Verified that correct date & time is set
  • WD40 on all doors and locking mechanisms

Before I contemplate anything further, has anyone got a suggestion on what the likely cause of this could be? The fact that the switch on the inside of the drivers door successfully opens all doors gives me some hope that this could be fixed. Could it just be down to the remote itself?

Anyway just getting up to speed with all things Cali and spending as much time as a possible reading through these threads. A big thank you to anyone who has taken the time to write-up an issue and fix, it really does help !

Cheers

Brayveheart

·
Registered
29 Posts
Pretty sure this is standard but can be changed through VCDS to open all doors at once. It goes back to the Transporter being a van. As a van generally it's one person driving it so only the drivers door unlocks as default. Sure some Mondeos years ago also used to do this due them being rep mobiles. Have you tried pressing the unlock button and then pressing the unlock button again. On my T5 the second press unlocks the passenger and sliding side door

·
Registered
2004 T5 2.5 174
2,208 Posts
As above. If you google 'VCDS selective locking' you should see the simple procedure to change it. But it will need to be done by someone with VCDS of course.

·
Registered
2004 T5 2.5 174
2,208 Posts
If that is the problem the double press has to done be without a pause between presses. If the double press doesn't work the problem is something else.

·
Premium Member
4,075 Posts
Are you double clicking the remote?, one click on my 04 opens drivers door and the second click on the remote does all the others.

One of our store man at work thought he had a fault with the Skoda he bought as he was manually opening all the other doors until he gave me a lift home one night and I suggested he turn the key twice in the drivers door, guess what all the other doors opened!!.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Firstly thanks to those who took time to reply; much appreciated. It's now time for me to admit to not having read the instruction booklet and the need for double-press on remote to open all doors. Works perfectly.

Hopefully, the thread can help others who may jump to the wrong conclusion (as I did).

A:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts