VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there im new to the forum and at some point whilst reading through all the old posts i came accross the thred that says when double locking your van (dead locking from the keyfob) that it can sometimes unlock one door! so i tryed it on mine and its true! so be aware!.
when i lock once all the doors lock.......when i hot the second time (im understanding this is the deadlock function?) all doors dead lock but my rear tailgate unlocks!! i think everybody who uses this function should check there doors!. if anyone knows a reason for this or a cure i would be very interested.
mine is a 05 plate standard panel van 85ps with twin rear doors if thats any help.:confused:

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Another t5 common problem ! are these vans actualy fit for purpose?

makes you wonder sometimes ,mind you i leave mine open 24/7 LOL:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I assumed it was so you can open the back door(s) to load/unload etc without unlocking all the cab doors and slider, this stops people having access to all your kit in the front when you cant see them! Probably aimed more at a plumber in london with a bulk head rather than a converted camper!

what does anyone else think???

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm after colser inspection it appears that one press from the keyfob seems to in fact dead lock the doors and the second press actually does unlock the rear doors.... im now pretty sure its meant to be like this...panic over! I: (guess i have to get hold of the correct manual for the van so i can read about all these things rather than making assumptions!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm just spoke to the main dealer and he says that it is not supposed to do this!?? now im getting confused is it or isnt it? anyone got a user manual with there van to check in? ..as i dont have one for mine and at £40.00 +vat im noit buying one either!

·
Registered
437 Posts
I get the same problem with my works T5. Most of the time if you press the lock button twice everything is fine and all doors are locked. (Don't no if this activates the deadlocks as I have read the manual and it doesn't explain that bit) But sometimes it opens the tail gate. I think it may be caused by one of the doors not closing properly because after slamming the tailgate it seams to work ok.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Sounds very much like a programmable VW thing. You can reprogramme the keys on Golfs etc. to do different things like auto-lock when you drive away etc. My 07 Passat for example has deadlock as standard on one button press, but on the second press it removes the deadlock. Pretty sure my old Golf mk4 had the same key as the current transporters.

·
BMW? You gotta be serious!
13,223 Posts
double locking your vehicle as far as im aware does not "deadlock" the van, if you have a factory fitted alarm it turns off the interior monitoring so if someone was to break into your van through the window the alarm would not go off, one lock should be sufficient to lock the whole vehicle, get out of the habit (like myself) of pressing the blipper repeatedly this will solve this problem, if you want "deadlocks" have someone reputable fit them.

as for the rear door unlocking, its the read door control unit (commonly read as a part "bracket") retail these are about £90+vat (if memory serves me right) some of my customers (who shall remain nameless) who dont want to pay for the replacement part, operate the blipper once and once only and havent had any further problems.

we dont seem to have this problem with the later model t5s

1 - 8 of 8 Posts