VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Got my new van with a couple of niggles, one being the drivers door pin dropping and locking every time I shut the door. So popped the door card off to see the central locking disconnected? So hooked it back on to find when I shut the door it would lock its self inc all other doors? Opens with the key just fine but then locks again, and also locks if I try to open the door?
And also the locks won't work with the button, get a red light flash on the fob?
Driving me mad as nearly locked out with engine running!
Cheers kris

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
It is the return spring in the lock that has broken. There is a thread on here about how to repair it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I had a similar thing with y passenger door. the locking motor had got water in it and had shorted out. the PO had then just disconnected it. i connected it back up and the central locking went metal. new door lock motor and it was all sorted.

As the for the fob not locking the doors, try re-syncing it to the car.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a similar thing with y passenger door. the locking motor had got water in it and had shorted out. the PO had then just disconnected it. i connected it back up and the central locking went metal. new door lock motor and it was all sorted.

As the for the fob not locking the doors, try re-syncing it to the car.
Any idea wheres best to get one? Re syncing the key easy enough? :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts