VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Got my new van with a couple of niggles, one being the drivers door pin dropping and locking every time I shut the door. So popped the door card off to see the central locking disconnected? So hooked it back on to find when I shut the door it would lock its self inc all other doors? Opens with the key just fine but then locks again, and also locks if I try to open the door?
And also the locks won't work with the button, get a red light flash on the fob?
Driving me mad as nearly locked out with engine running!
Cheers kris

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sounds to me like you have a short in the wiring, most likely coming from where the wires travel from the pillar through to the door. (usual suspect area!) I would start by checking all the wiring there & in the door. If its an aftermarket kit & the loom isn't run through rubber grommets, the lock wire could be shorted to bare metal, and it will just keep trying to lock itself!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will check for shorts etc, but would that set the locking off? Also i should have said its factory fitted system. :)

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorted my locks out at last, was a broken spring. But despite many attempts to sync key, I've had no joy. Tried process in link, aswell as the Vw manual. But alas nothing. Not overly worried as the keys work, but would be cool if I could use the buttons. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts