VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy new year people. Can anybody recommend a central locking kit for my bus. It is R plate barn door.

Many thanks

Jon

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
I Don't about the products' quality etc but I was maplins this morning and they have a 4 door set of actuators etc for 29.99.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
discodave or upspex on here supply(and fit) the r-click systems.myself/stealthcamper/brumski all have them.
remote central locking, we also put the matching alarms on too.good bits of kitT:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks. Have looked thru this wonderful site and have decided to go for the maplins option. Arrives tomorrow.

Jon

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Its a good idea to get the door rods off VW to connect the actuators, in fact most likely the rods in the kit won't be long enough to fit. Mine was an ebay kit but all of them seem to be about the same (well the cheap one's anyway)

Also you'll need a sliding door connection off ebay for a fiver.

Ps good luck with the barn door hehehe I've still not attempted mine.

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Its a good idea to get the door rods off VW to connect the actuators, in fact most likely the rods in the kit won't be long enough to fit. Mine was an ebay kit but all of them seem to be about the same (well the cheap one's anyway)

Also you'll need a sliding door connection off ebay for a fiver.

Ps good luck with the barn door hehehe I've still not attempted mine.
Yeah I know what you mean! That was the weekends project, and after a fair bit of time and quite a lot of swearing, there is no central locking in the barn door. Didn't matter what I did, or what rods I used, I could not stop the bloody thing interfering with the multitude of other bits in the door. Then there's the added complication of the wiper motor arm thing which comes right over into the same space when it's turned on....

PS T4SRUS have those sliding door contact things - got one of those and it seems ok + they deliver quickly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts