VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How easy is it to change a front passenger captains seat for a double in a t4? and do I have to change the drivers seat from a captains aswell or can that stay? Any advice would be great cheers!

·
Registered
27 Posts
If a single seat available I am happy to give you some cash for it and throw in my front double? Been looking for a single front to swap with my double front for ages.

Plus Bristol ain't that far away.

Al

·
Literally, white van man
4,072 Posts
:) Easy enough to do, I believe the floor studs are the same and just undo the four nuts, lift off the seat and base and replace with the new seat and base.
Be aware that if you have a passenger door pocket it will not fit with a double :(

(but if you have and you do change to a Double can I have first dibs on the pocket please T: )

Chris

And the drivers captain can stay T:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have already committed to buy a double seat off someone in Cornwall, if this falls through you can have it mind! And also I dont have the pocket, but thanks for the help!

Tom

·
Registered
5 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread here.
I'm swapping a single captains swivel for a double.
I've just gor the double, and it has 8 bolt holes, and is much wider than the single seat base, which has 4.
I'm assured the seat comes from a T4, but from what you guys are saying it should be a straight swap.
Any ideas?
Is it a case of pulling up the floor mat to see if there are holes underneath, or have I gor the wrong seat?

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread here.
I'm swapping a single captains swivel for a double.
I've just gor the double, and it has 8 bolt holes, and is much wider than the single seat base, which has 4.
I'm assured the seat comes from a T4, but from what you guys are saying it should be a straight swap.
Any ideas?
Is it a case of pulling up the floor mat to see if there are holes underneath, or have I gor the wrong seat?
It's the right seat mate.

Extra holes are to allow it to fit in a LHD T4 as well T:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts