VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks - have been looking at how your ad's are all displayed and been thinking maybe we could do it differently for you benefit so have come up with this simple idea. T:

The first post in you thread clearly should contain all the information about the product/service and be visible all the time.

It should not have to be the case that the potential customer constantly has to flick back to the first post of a multi-page thread to see what people are talking about.

There is an alternative way to listings provided within vBulletin and I think using it here would be beneficial to you all. It essentially means that the first post will be at the top of EVERY page of a multi page thread with subsequent discussion below it.

This means that by editing your first post you can ensure that potential customers are always in the best possible position to see the changes on every page and you won't be faced with so many questions.
Questions which could have been avoided (and turned into orders) if only they'd read the 1st post properly but which are caused by the fact that they're asking you that question while they cannot see the post itself.

Take a look at this thread http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=63251

You'll see that the important information (Your advert) is always at the top no matter what page you're on.

Please let me know your thoughts on this - i'll do it in a week or so if it seems a good idea T:

Simon :):ILU:​

·
Premium Member
10,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately vBulletin (well, this version anyway - were moving to version 4 soon) doesn't allow more than these 2 options. In terms of advertising it would mean an increase in views of that specific post, ie the advert itself. T:

I guess it's important then to examine the value of the subsequent posts to yourselves. Ie - are they discussion posts or opportunities to further advertise? If its a case of using them to keep track of orders for instance, would it be manageable in that format? Equally if the posts after the ad are to discuss the product itself would that layout fulfill it's task?

The view I took when considering this is "what's the best way of making sure a trader can present what he wants to sell clearly?"

It can seem sometimes that the first post gets lost amongst the chat :*

What do you think?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts