VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot work this one out.

Changing the clock seems to be as simple as pressing the button on the left to select the clock and then using the right hand button to change. However, when I press the left hand button, it shows, what I presume is the service interval (spanner symbol and seems to be counting down miles).

How do I get out of this mode and and change the clock? I don't have the on board trip computer, just the two buttons.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
It may be that you have the engine running? Wont let you mess in case of distraction whilst driving. Ignition only.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried that.

Tried holding it down for Minutes on end. Tried pressing both at the same time. It is a mystery. If anyone knows please do help. The distraction of it being an hour and ten Minutes fast is going to cause an accident. Maybe just disconnect the battery at midnight.

M

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump.

No one got any ideas or seen this before? Driving me crazy.

If I was to disconnect the battery at midnight, is there any issues I should think about before hand? Cheers.

·
Registered
337 Posts
It’s a few weeks since I changed mine but as far as I can remember you set the time by pressing the left button to select hours or minutes,press the right to change the hours or minutes, then press the left again to finish.

I’ll double check when I go out to the van a bit later.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I press the left button it brings up the interval data for my next service. Currently 300 days or 10500 Miles.

Nevermind. Just interesting no one else has had this.

Cheers folks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello from Romania

On the right button in the dash (under speedometer) twist the button clockwise to adjust the minutes and anticlockwise to adjust the hours

Silviu

·
Registered
6 Posts
or if you have the latest model ... turn the ignition on (without starting the engine) pres short the left button once to appear the clock, pres short again to enable hours editing and with right button change the numbers, press again left for minutes and with right button change the numbers, and left again to close settings!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts