VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having fitted Eibachs to my van which doesn't normally carry much weight, It's now sitting a little high exposing a bit too much wheel arch. As I'd also like to gear it up a bit I did wonder if changing from a 45 ration to a 55 might be an idea. Any comments or advice ?

The van does have to negotiate the odd farm track and I'm really fed up of potholes !

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry I should add I looked up a tyre calculator and it is just under 8% increase in circumference and therefore speedo might under read a tad. But I would gain 5 mph at 60 mph. So I think worth having as long as the van doesn't look too weird ?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Im on 225/55 17s and they are mainly fine, the rears have never rubbed the fronts have caught the arch a few times, so need to do something about that... not sure what though ?? Its only really if I hit a hump faster than I should have. The van is lowered 40 mm maybe the front is a touch lower again.
I do like the extra mph at 3k rev mind compared to standard 15 steels and the fatter look, but the ride on 15s is better by far

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HHMMmmm Not sure what to do. So it looks like 245 50 17 might be best. Might have to experiment with some old wheels and tyres.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts