VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Until I can get hold of a manual I'm playing in the dark.

Just purchased this 2000 Caravelle with one key. The key looks pretty ropey but works the ignition switch ok. When I press the botton to lock or unlock the doors the little LED just flashes 3 times then does nothing. Is it likely that the battery is flat? I'm not sure how to get at the battery as there looks to have been several attempts at getting at the battery as the casing is all scratched, pot holed and marked so its hard to tell what or how it comes apart.

Any ideas?

Pete

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
:* Soz pete can't help on that score , mind dont have any fancy stuff like remote locks LOL:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorted the battery problem - put in new battery but it didn't solve the problem. The remote still doesn't work. ah well back to the drawing board...

·
Registered
867 Posts
the key might need programming to the central locking. last time i looked (for an audi) it was £44+vat at the audi stealership.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Try This:

– With the first key to be synchronised, switch on the ignition for a maximum of 3 seconds.
– Switch off ignition and remove key.
The synchronization of the key must take place within the next 20 seconds.

– Press and hold lock button -2- and whilst doing this press unlock button -1- three times.
– Release lock -2- button. The warning lamp -3- in the key will flash five times.
If the radio receiver accepts the key synchronization the vehicle will be locked and unlocked once and the hazard warning system will be activated respectively by the system.
After completing the synchronization of a key the other (maximum of a further three) keys must be synchronised by pressing and holding the lock button -2- and depressing the unlock button -1- three times along with the relevant reaction from the system, within the next 20 seconds for each.
The synchronization sequence is terminated when the time limit of 20 seconds is exceeded or the ignition switched on for at least 5 seconds. The synchronization sequence is automatically terminated when 4 keys have been synchronised.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No joy - I guess this must be something more serious

Thanks to everyone that tried to help

Pete

1 - 8 of 8 Posts