VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me how you would go about changing the interior lights so that you change them for an led type arrangement. However once fitted they would operate on the courtesy light switch and be powered by the leisure battery?

·
Full of Cr*p....
9,368 Posts
can anyone tell me how you would go about changing the interior lights so that you change them for an led type arrangement. However once fitted they would operate on the courtesy light switch and be powered by the leisure battery?
Yes.LOL:

Someone can, he's called "upspex".
WHY want to run them from the leisure battery though?....That's a major re-wiring, and you could leave LED lights on for a week without making problems for the starter battery (I know, my 3 were on for 2 weeks, in winter, when the tailgate didn't shut properly due to ice....van still started, even at -11C )

I also simply bought LED "bulbs" to fit into the std units....so everything "looks" std, but brighter.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so if I forget using the leusire battery and use the starter battery. I have already got led bulbs in the original lights but I am planning to take the roof lining out and replace it with a 1 piece unit and cover it with some nice material. It just seems a waste to put the stock lights in there though. I have seen some builds where the original lights have been removed and there is a small flush mounted led. I presume it is possible to get some aftermarket lights to work in conjunction with the courtesy light switch and have the option so it works on the door being opened or continuously with the doors shut.

·
Full of Cr*p....
9,368 Posts
Have a look at the numerous threads there about LED lamps and wiring.

DO NOT go for "household" type and just think you can remove the transformer... (Ikea, B&Q etc, etc)....if you want to do the job right, spend that extra few quid and know they will last.

There's a load on Fleabay that say for trucks/vans/campers etc...but you never know....maybe they're selling the same units as the stores buy 1000's of.

12v is NOT 12v all the time....and your van has 14.4v when running...that's 20% overload for household units.:eek:

Contact upspex on here....he's an old git, but he does know what he's selling (sometimes), and he's not overpriced.A:
[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts