VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, have no idea how to do much with my van, struggle to drive it sometimes. but could anyone put me a step by step guide of how to change my brake pads, photos would also be hugely appreciated.

Also I have a 2.5 petrol R reg t4 window van does anyone know what pads I would need for these???

cheers very much for any help that anyone may give. Si

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
dude, not being scrcastic or funny or anything like that but if you really dont know much about the mechanics of your van then I would pay someone to do it for you. It shouldnt be to expensive and lets face it brakes are pretty important.
there are 'haynes type' manuals available for the T4 try http://www.vwbooks.co.uk/

B

·
0 Posts
should be about 30 mins labour charge

there are so many differnt pads fitted to the T4 if you go to the main dealer then they stickthe in the vin number in the computer and give you the correct ones.

main dealer pads are about £45

i think the last mintex ( after market) ones i got were about £25.

Like ITSAMINIBUS says get a manual . It will pay for its self in no time.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ITSAMINIBUS bit of an over the top post, surely back long long ago you had never changed pads on your van before and im sure you looked for advice somewhere.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hi Si. I would imagine a lot of members would be kinda nervous giving you a step by step. If you/ they get something wrong , the outcome is possibly catastrophic. I'm not going to risk it either!!. No its not a difficult job to do. Try this link. Its a step by step with photo's. different vehicle but principals are the same for all floating calipers which I'd guess yours are. T:.
http://www.cockeyed.com/lessons/brakeshoes/brakeshoes02.shtml

·
Registered
880 Posts
Completely agree, your brakes are the most important part of any vehicle and if you do not know what you are doing then don't touch, even AA patrols are not allowed to touch brakes and most of them are qualified mechanics. It is better to get someone who knows what they are doing and ask if you can watch.
Not wishing to put anybody off from having a go, but just be warned

1 - 6 of 6 Posts