VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
TBH the difference from 23 to 27 ARB was not as great as the change from Green torsion bars to Pink ones. 28.6mm

as to the difference between pink and gray that is am not sure but I measured up my pink and they have the same diameter as is given for the gray. so at a guess the difference is the position of the arm allowing to to be more centerally positioned on the adjusting rod. But i have not seen these together.

infos

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=58613

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Just been out and took pics.

Might have to mod the mounting boss when I have some power.

Nicklouse
Did you do anything with the drop links?
I'm doing mine tomorrow and found this thread.

There appears to be an angle on yours as you said and wondered if you just left it be or modded the boss?

·
Full of Cr*p....
7,901 Posts
The angle will depend upon if the suspension is lowered or not, but it actually looks as if the drop-links are too long.
If the links were shorter, the bar would be lower, and the angle different.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
The angle will depend upon if the suspension is lowered or not, but it actually looks as if the drop-links are too long.
If the links were shorter, the bar would be lower, and the angle different.
I see what you're saying.
Looking back through this thread I think Nicklouse said there was 2 front ARBs but 1 is only available now and that was for the later vans. IIRC Nicklouse's van is an early one like mine.
Maybe where the drop link bolts on is a slightly different angle?

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
If anyone is planning on doing this then to save hours I'd suggest removing the exhaust downpipe. ;)

Also if you use Powerflex Polyurethane Bushes then prepare yourself with a battle to get the metal bracket and bolt in place. I ended up making the oval hole in the metal slightly longer. What a B****!

Worth doing though :ILU:

·
Full of Cr*p....
7,901 Posts
Gil,

If you remove the drop links, is there clearance for the ARB to come lower? (like 40mm lower, before hitting the chassis?)

If so, maybe take the drop links off, get some metal cut out of them, and re-welded.

Just measure from the ARB to the drop link mount where it looks "vertical"....and use that for the length.

Just an idea.....:*

21 - 32 of 32 Posts