VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, as you may or may not know, in April 2011, we took a cheap Volvo T5 across Europe and survived (3000 miles in 4 days). We raised a lot of cash for charity and had a chuckle at the same time.

Well, once again my friends and I are hitting the roads in May 2012 so it's scrounge time again. For full details of the run, and to donate, visit www.roguerun.co.uk

The lovely guys at Dodo Juice gave us a care package last year and once again, they're showing not only do they have quality car care stuff, but they have a heart too and have donated another car care package (full details will be posted once it arrives).

Not only that, but Voltz are sponsoring us again so a few cases of the lovely low calorie energy drink are on route to me.

Why am I telling you this? Because we want to give it away like we did last year. For every £2 donation made through www.roguerun.co.uk we will allocate a raffle ticket. Multiples of £2 count so £10 donation = 5 tickets.

Please make sure if you donate to include T4/T5 forum somewhere so that I can get hold of you to get any prizes to you.

Apart from making you feel good, donations help the Jennifer Trust (details on site), gets you a chance to win stuff, and support a T4 forum member and his vans maiden voyage into Europe... that and we will look like plonkers if we don't actually raise any money! I:

In short, cough £2 to charity, might win stuff :D

Mucho Love.

Jon.

·
Premium Member
4,627 Posts
Hi Jon

I have sent this to admin to see if we can sticky this for you.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
HHmmmm!!! Look guys i think you are going about this in the wrong way. :(:(
Please dont get me wrong its just my opinion & I may be wrong. But I dont think so!! I:I:
You see its like this!! I just came across your thread for the first time & this is how it seems to me.
So here we have some guys looking for support for a jolly in an old banger so they can make a few shillings for charity. T:T:T:
Well troble is you have no visable credability. Even when you go to the site it's difficult to find the charity number Ect. :(:(
You need to edit your post, give it a higher credability, insert some more details & pictures of the charity & the charity number,

Invite more guys to join the run/jolly (more guys more money for the charity)
& these days a link to facebook, twitter A:A: & paypal if you can just to make it easy to donate. :):)

I'm no expert on this stuff but im sure there are a few people here that are & if you ask one or two may offer their assistance.
Good luck guys

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Gazbee,

Thats a lot to read in one post... but I will work through it bit by bit, im also going to start a new thread to take into account what you said and also as a few things have changed since I started this thread....

Here is a link to the Jennifer Trust website where they show how much we have raised and what we are doing http://www.jtsma.org.uk/rogue run

The charity number is 1106 815

Our facebook page is: : http://www.facebook.com/groups/348552461822154/

Twitter is: @theroguerun

As for what you said about opening the event up to more people, we will actually be doing this next year as we hope to become a more offical event, but for now we want to make sure we can run a smaller event before catering to a larger crowd, but if anybody is interested then we would love to hear from them!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts