VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been chasing a knocking sound for longer than i care to imagine and after replacing every imaginable part i finally found the fault. One word "Shocks"! Rubbers all in tact and no problem with them on the MOT, but as soon as i fitted my GAZ shocks the noise vanished! Just a word to the wise, dont rule them out even if they seem OK T:T:T:

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You knew that anyway ;) Is it like silk now? :D
As they say in Norfolk bud "BEAUTIFUL", GAZ shocks are well worth the money! The old girl will be even better when i get the rear disc upgrade done as well as the heavy duty (purple) torsion bars, heavy duty front anti roll bar and rear anti roll bar fitted! I have a plan bud, it will go around corners like my Leon T:T:T:

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
as in a previous post i was the same as you pretty much changed everything...shocks where not that old...recently changed them back to oem standard shocks and noise is all gone...

glad you got it sorted...

my low rider days are gone...back to standard on rear with a 65mm front drop...T:

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
as in a previous post i was the same as you pretty much changed everything...shocks where not that old...recently changed them back to oem standard shocks and noise is all gone...

glad you got it sorted...

my low rider days are gone...back to standard on rear with a 65mm front drop...T:
Cant blame you, roads are terrible which is why i'm going all out to make mine a B road blaster T:T:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
my low rider days are gone...T:
Totally agree Si- ive just lifted mine up from -85mm to -50mm
The difference it makes on Mr Baker's (cnut) well maintained roads is almost unbelievanble!
Ive went another few mill on the sidewall with new tyres too- after i hit a "pothole" (bloody crater more like) on the M8 and ripped a chunk out my tyre, i realised the kicking i was giving my pride n joy was just too much after that so hup it went.
Doesnt look anywhere near as good but man the ride is just so much better!

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
As they say in Norfolk bud "BEAUTIFUL", GAZ shocks are well worth the money! The old girl will be even better when i get the rear disc upgrade done as well as the heavy duty (purple) torsion bars, heavy duty front anti roll bar and rear anti roll bar fitted! I have a plan bud, it will go around corners like my Leon T:T:T:
Just not as quick;)

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Just not as quick;)
You got that right but at least i will be able to carry speed into the corners better............ That is if my somewhat knackered and collapsed drivers seat bolster will stop me falling out :(

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
Totally agree Si- ive just lifted mine up from -85mm to -50mm
The difference it makes on Mr Baker's (cnut) well maintained roads is almost unbelievanble!
Ive went another few mill on the sidewall with new tyres too- after i hit a "pothole" (bloody crater more like) on the M8 and ripped a chunk out my tyre, i realised the kicking i was giving my pride n joy was just too much after that so hup it went.
Doesnt look anywhere near as good but man the ride is just so much better!
i agree mate...

even running 225 55 16 rears 215 55 16 fronts...as you say ride is so much better,but dont look halve as good....

cant see the roads getting any better though anytime soon...:(

just cant bring myself to lift the front...

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
You got that right but at least i will be able to carry speed into the corners better............ That is if my somewhat knackered and collapsed drivers seat bolster will stop me falling out :(
Treat yourself mate. Plenty of seats about that will fit. Even your wide load! Rasp:

i agree mate...

even running 225 55 16 rears 215 55 16 fronts...as you say ride is so much better,but dont look halve as good....

cant see the roads getting any better though anytime soon...:(

just cant bring myself to lift the front...
Nose down with tucked wheels and ass up with poke . Thats the way T:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts