VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows where the cheapest place to buy rear brake discs and pads ? Had a quote from Europart for £65.38.

Iv seen some on flebay for £55. Anyone know of any cheaper ones?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Do you really want the cheapest? What about the best quality products? Brakes are very important so don't settle for anything but the best. T:

·
Registered
326 Posts
I remember a story on the news a while back, brake pads coming in from china were being madeof compressed grass, sawdust and cat litter! For some reason, they were catching fire soon after being fitted... But at least were cheap I: Not sure about anyone else, but i think the cost od discs and pads are realitively inexpensive anyway. I did my brothers fiesta the other week. I bought mintex discs and pads from the local spares centre. Discs were £16 a pair. Pads were £12 set of 4. Not sure its worth looking to find a cheap version! Just stick with a brand you have heard of and you cant go far wrong.

With some people the difference between whats cost effrective and whats worth it is vastly different.

Unknown brand budget brakes are a gamble and saving a few quid could be risky. To me OE spec by known names is cost effective as you know you have quality, they are up to the job but not expensive. Super drilled and grooved mega temperature discs with a ultra racing compound pads that still work when the disc glows with heat to me is a waste of money. Others will say they are better than standard so its worth it. They may cost 4 times as much but they will say you cant put a price on safety. You choice at the end of the day!

·
Registered
644 Posts
I mirror Hotrats thoughts. Cheap is not always the best option, but then niether is expensive. My ex AA t4 has awesome brakes and I really cannot see any need of spending hundreds of pound when I don't need to! Stick with OE and you can't go wrong I think!

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you have a motorfactors near you there usually the cheapest but pay a lil money mate as the front end of your van will appreciate it and the pads will last 2000 miles longer T:T:T:T:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree with you all, not going to buy the cheap and nasty stuff. Its not worth the risk. Just want a tidy set for the cheapest price.

What i was trying to say was....Where is the cheapest place to buy decent brake discs and pads from. :)

Going to give my local motor factor a ring i think!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts