VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this in halfrauds today.

£10 and 3 for 2 on A4 cartridges at £1.50 each.

I thought that was a steal. Perfect for any occasion when cooking outside the van.

·
Administrator
30,977 Posts
Saw one of these canisters explode at camperjam a few years ago while this guy opposite was cooking, probably an isolated incident or cheap canisters but it put me right off using mine :)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh dear :( was anybody hurt? Hopefully just a one off incident. Or ill wear gauntlets and chain mail lol

·
Registered
178 Posts
Saw one of these canisters explode at camperjam a few years ago while this guy opposite was cooking, probably an isolated incident or cheap canisters but it put me right off using mine :)
This could happen with any type of cooker that you have to connect a can to if it is not done properly. Don't let it put you off just be careful. I think those little cookers where actually have to pierce the can are probably the most dangerous.

I also have one of these, from Go Outdoors, and the gas does seem to last forever.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any one cheaper than £7?

I think your going to win the cheapest.. lol

Tried it out today at the retro fest. Cooked up some bacon and eggs. Was at arms reach though kept picturing it going up! Cheers dave haha.

So far still got my eye brows T:

·
Registered
346 Posts
You should get to keep your eyebrows long term, I think the chances of them exploding if you are sensible are very low. We've been using them for years without any shrapnel injuries, touch wood!!

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Used a double one of these when doing a fortnight road trip across Canada, we got through a LOT of gas carts cooking for 7 people. Shame we couldn't directly compare with the number of 907s or equivilant, but at least the little ones are sold everywhere, super easy to change and don't take up much space.

·
Registered
305 Posts
We used one of these at the Mk 1 golf AGM weekend (bought from Go Outdoors with the gas) and it was very good. Used about half a gas bottle to do lunch, dinner, breakfast, lunch for 2 people and hot water for brews in between over the 2 days.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts