VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are the people who run a diesel veg mix getting there cheap oil from?

I'm not fortunate enough to have a makro / bookers card so is there anywhere that sells it in bulk cheap that joe public has access too?

·
Registered
268 Posts

I'm not fortunate enough to have a makro / bookers card so is there anywhere that sells it in bulk cheap that joe public has access too?
Tesco were doing 10ltrs for £8.00 recently and was sunflower oil

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tesco were doing 10ltrs for £8.00 recently and was sunflower oil
The supermarkets I go too only seem to sell 3 litres max and then it's not really worth it as it's averaging a £1 a litre!

Can u use sunflower oil aswell as vegetable then?

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,099 Posts

I can't recall what info I had to provide to get my Bookers Card? But it wasn't hard I don't think. Tell them you have a mobile chip shop and will be buying lots of veggie oil T:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Farm Foods is where I get my rapeseed from 10 ltrs for £9.95, print off the vouchers from there website and get 10% off. Happy days, ive been running on it 100% in summer from May to October and down to 60/40 in favour of diesel in the winter and no problems.

·
Registered
268 Posts
The supermarkets I go too only seem to sell 3 litres max and then it's not really worth it as it's averaging a £1 a litre!

Yup sly buggers advertise it but never have in store, tried them all morrisons, asda,tescos,sainsurys try tescos reserve and collect. There was none in store when i looked asked at service desk sorry no stock, reserved online strangely plenty of stock or Bookers around 80p ltr

·
Premium Member
871 Posts

I use Tesco as they've been running the deal of 2 x 5 litres of Vegetable Oil, Sunflower Oil and Olive Pomace Oil for £8.00 for a while now. I thought at first my local stores did not stock it as it's not by the regular cooking oil, it is in the World food section where you find the large bags of rice etc. My local store is not a huge Tesco, but they have it. I've mainly been using Sunflower Oil, but I think they're all ok, though I've not tried the Olive Pomace Oil yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts