VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
priced up genuine vw mudflaps for the van:eek:,so off to halfords for a set of £12 rubber mudflaps:D
all thats needed is a hot airgun and a drill.ive got 18/235/45 tyres,so quite close to arches/bumper.the angle of bumper means the inner part of the mudflap would be going in at a 45degree angle,so i warmed up the curve of the bumper,and pressed inwards,holding until cooled with a piece of hardboard,so the curve runs parrallel to the tyre.all bolts/washers included.i removed wheels,as access pretty much impossible otherwise,half hr job T:

heated up to the line halfway up bumper,this part ran inwards towards tyre-so mudflap would not have sat parrallel to tread,and would have rubbed inside of tread also.

nut heads not noticeable once tyre is on/paint black if yr thay fussy:D

stand back n admire my moisture repellent flapsI:
its possible,id have thought,to fit to the bumper with some small 90degree brackets in the same position as the genuine vw ones,but i think fitting here,apart from being easier,will prevent more spray n muck being flung rearwards?:*

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
youv got too much time on yer hands!! ppffffffftttt!!!I:
well,if u kept it in yr pants n stopped breeding more bedoos,then u too could sit on the driveway,in the drizzle,water drippin down yr neck off the wheel arches,tryin to fit mudflaps with ice cold fingers........hang on...forget that...im startin that breedin lark!...nice warm bed...boobs..etc etc...I::D

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Hey matey, I so nearly bought a pair of those yesterday, might commit now>
Hoqw easy is it to mold the bumper with a heat gun? Reason I'm asking is I have a tow-ball shaped dent in my front bumper, only 1/2" deep at most (guess what I did :*) Wondering if it'll bend out wiv a bit of heat to assist. Wot u reckon?

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea.heatgun will shift that,concentrate the heat to a small area,when bringing a shine back to them,youlll see the plastic go glossy black,keep it too close itll bubble:(.i used a piece of hard board to bend while warming.for yr dent,try n heat it from the rear,n push outT:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts