VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evenin :D

just wondered where (apart from ebay) the cheapest place to get a touchscreen monitor is?????

Got to be at least 7" upto a max of 10"

Answers on a postcard please:D

Thanks in advance

Keith :ILU:

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, nice one fella.
Cheers for that!

·
Registered
378 Posts
This for your van computer? I've been lookin into this for a while but I dont think theres much point unless you pick up a monitor that isnt effected by the sun (which has a technical name I've foroggten) but they lots of money, like 200 quid. Imainge the frustration of not being able to see the screen as you want to change the tune your listening, or using it for you satnav, almost makes it worthless. I also think theres no use getting a USB screen as apparently they dont handle graphics too well so you might aswell just wire in the extra wires from a more hardcore one.

Apparently Lilliput are good T:

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea it is 4 the vanputer. Its going to be underneath the heater controls in a custom center consol plus ive got tinted windows so shouldn't get affected by the sun too much. Think your right bout the usb ones though.
Thanks for the heads up though buddy.T:

·
Registered
378 Posts
When I get round to building mine I'm gunna put it on top of the dash in that little groove so it can lay flat and be coverd by something so no one can see and it then flip it up when in use. If its there it'll be much easier to use. I'd hate to keep looking at where the heater controls are if I were using it for satnav, get a right sore neck. And scrolling through music/watchin dvds would be marginally safer if you were still looking forward T:

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
When I get round to building mine I'm gunna put it on top of the dash in that little groove so it can lay flat and be coverd by something so no one can see and it then flip it up when in use. If its there it'll be much easier to use. I'd hate to keep looking at where the heater controls are if I were using it for satnav, get a right sore neck. And scrolling through music/watchin dvds would be marginally safer if you were still looking forward T:
I Will do a sketch when I get home bud. Hard to explain in words and especially with this bloody phone. Im not Rolfe Harris mind lol.

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Right did this wiv my bestest crayons so bear with me :D

I will be mainly using this for music on the go and for business when i get to work so don't want it in my face while driving hence the position i have chosen.

I hope you can make out all the writing I:

If you are wondering what centrafuse is then listen to this boring American. It is actually a really good product :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts