VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at adding permanent fridge to our bus -
we use her most weekends 70% day bus/ 30% sleeping in, the most used piece of equipment is a wonderful 12v Lidl chest fridge - which due to its size occupies nearly half of the rear section of our RIB seat & therefore sometimes i have to share my bed with it!! :eek:

I'm considering building a new cabinet to fit alongside the 112cm Rib to take fridge
...on a limited budget so cant afford integrated waeco version (max fridge budget £100)- i'd rather keep to the lift lid type fridge, as when we stand ours on its side & open the lid as a door it doesnt keep the temperature as low by significant amount - any recomendations other lift lid fridges , i'm wondering has anyone fitted a lift lid fridge into the cabinets, where the fridge had to keep its own lid, then had to have a seperate worktop lid mounted over it - any photos please - thoughts??

thanks J

·
Custom Vans
1,179 Posts
I use top loading fridges in my conversions which are 40 litre compressor type and will fit next to a RIB 112cm, I build my units around them and attach the lid to the bottom of a flap in the worktop. Only problem is they are bit more than your budge of £100.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you -any chance you could pm me with a chest fridge price please,
do you retail vohringer or just use it yourself?
you've also got the high level shelf with the curved ali profile that i think is so slick

I'm just puttig a cost plan together to take all the cupboard units out & replace them -
....the problem of being a product designer - you know when you really want something completley different!!
cheers J.

·
Custom Vans
1,179 Posts
thank you -any chance you could pm me with a chest fridge price please,
do you retail vohringer or just use it yourself?
you've also got the high level shelf with the curved ali profile that i think is so slick

I'm just puttig a cost plan together to take all the cupboard units out & replace them -
....the problem of being a product designer - you know when you really want something completley different!!
cheers J.
Pm sent and from an engineering and design background I know exactly what you mean!

·
Registered
366 Posts
You won't find a decent compressor fridge for £100 sadly. Closest I could get was a used Waeco CF 35 top loader, think I paid about £250. Runs on a 110 battery for 2 to 3 days though, has auto mains switching if on hook up, and can freeze stuff if need be as its very efficient.

Personally I dislike gas fridges due to the faffing about, and the cheapo 12v ones eat batteries.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts