VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attended Grill and Chill this weekend and saw this ... Slightly OTT on the Piratey theme for my liking, but the Wheels, side Pipes, Engine and general stance was spot on

There is a Dodge V8 lives near me as well ... Again, the sound is just the best ... Want one :cool:

·
Registered
639 Posts
We toyed with the idea of getting one of these before we saw the T4 light :eek:

Wonder if those mirrors and visor would fit on a T4 :*

And there's a guy down our road has a Dodge pick up, usually has a small steam engine in the back of it as well, probably uses it when the dodge runs out of fuel between petrol stations :D

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am finding myself drawn to one of these old Beasts ... just something about it

Big V8, Big Wheels, Big Side Pipes ... Its Big and Bad ... and did I mention its Big :D

. . . . . Big Running Costs, mpg etc etc ... bit still want one :cool:

·
Registered
425 Posts
love those vans too (lol, no wonder i wanted to go for huge BGFs on my T4 H:)

the only thing that stops me is fuel consumption (lpg conversion can overcome this?) and top speed (sounds like 50mph is the best you can get).

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Joking - no problemt all at 70+ overtaking to 85/90 no problems with wobbles or shales

Mine are Radial TA's (not off road), so this is road based BFG's

Expensive mind, but very long wearing

·
Registered
181 Posts
Or im back to modifications on my old bus :rolleyes:

I think your van looks great. Would have thought someone like pp tuning would have made stainless side exhausts to look like the popular sidebars for the t4 with the rear end downswept I remember all the 1970s custom cars/ vans had these. They looked wicked

·
Registered
132 Posts
Love my yank day van,5.2 v8 cannot beat that noise,no need for a radio,at 65mph in cruise control sits at 2 thousand revs,not as bad as you would think on fuel and pretty quick off the lights.Good value 4 grand gets you a nice van,sold my t25 3/4 years ago and coulndnt resist,i wouldnt bother with lpg for 3000 miles a year.......cheers john

1 - 10 of 10 Posts