VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
My toddler (18m) has grown out of his baby car seat and I want to put him in a rearward facing car seat. My van does not have iso-fix and none of the "usual" car seats will fit as the T5's seatbelts are too short to accommodate a rearward facing cat. Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know of a rearward facing car seat that will work in a T5 with no isofix?
Thanks in advance!
Amelia

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi There

I struggled with this - and after some research I found that this one
https://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1769051

worked rear facing for me on our rock n roll bed

However it turns out that he much prefers forward faciung so thats what we do now. The issue we found was his legs would be very squashed due to teh rock and roll seat position.

Didnt find any issue with seat belt length, but I do know you can get seat belt extenders.

HTH

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much Andy_h_vw for your response - I really appreciate your time. By co-incidence, the Joie stage 0+/1/2 was the car seat that the guy from Halfords tried to fit - and it definitely doesn't fit! Perhaps my sealtbelts are shorter than yours!

I have heard of seatbelt extenders but understand that, from a safety point of view, they are not advisable (as they introduce further weak spots).

If anyone else has any suggestions, I'd be really grateful.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
We use the joie every stage
group 0+/1/2/3 car seat rear facing in the front of our t5 on the middle seat. The seat belt is tricky to get on but it does fit in ours - it’s a case of feeding it over the seat and then over the head rest before plugging into the seat belt. Sounds tricky but works fine for us!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you both for your help. The Joie every stage car seat is a "don't buy" on Which as it is found to not be as safe in Group 1 mode. I'd be a bit nervous about buying a "don't buy" when I'm trying my best to find the safest car seat.

https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/chi...CS8Dlwoov25ipo5r0N8aAiiZEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Thank you for your advice about the seat belts - I may try replacing them if they are found to be shorter than average. Any other tips greatly appreciated and thanks for your help so far.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Amelia,

Not rear facing but we purchased a Britax Romer Evolva 1/2/3 and use this on our Rock n Roll bed with our 3 Year old. When I initially went to fit it I thought that the seat belt was going to be too short but it turned out to be the way I was doing it and not the seat belt length. Our son really likes the seat and it has lots of formats as he grows. We have a 1 year old too but she's still rear facing in her baby car seat. As she outgrows her baby seat I would have no issues putting her in another Romer Evolva.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
After having the joie every stage that was a nightmare and not very good for crash tested reports we changed to this.

https://www.uberkids.com/axkid-mini...aIfl6Z8HezbqItnNFBoCcJ4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds#

Got it on sale and it goes in the front passenger seat and can rear face up to 25kg
Its an amazing seat but needs to tether to something either the seat itself or the seat in front, so unless you can tether it on the back seat you could only use it in the front seat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts