VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a T5 with rock and roll bed, but with 3 children and no pop up sleeper roof its a bit tight! We have seen the cab bunk which looks great, but just wondered if anybody had tried any other solutions or had any photos of other alternatives?

·
Registered
802 Posts
yes buy a caravan mate!!lol seriously we have 3 kids and its hard work mate, we tried the tent thing but even packing the van is a nightmare so we have a bought a caravan, thought if i have to tow a trailer for tent and gear then may aswell tow a caravan! lifes so much easier now! dubbers may look down on us but we love sleeping in the warm with space!:jmpg

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
We have the cab bunk. Just the job.

There's a couple of types though. Don't get the one made from galvanised electrical conduit, get the aluminium one.

·
Registered
109 Posts
got the cab bunk ...excellent piece of kit, my wee one loves it..I have a piece of foam bout 1.1/2 " thick I put on it for extra comfort and insulation...

·
Registered
920 Posts
Borrowed a cab bunk and my daughter hated it plus once up can't open the doors then I saw a post about a half inflated air bed in the footwell just to fill the gap, that and a glowstick and she loves it like her own little bedroom

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
My littlen is a bit young for a cab bunk he isn't two until feb.

we have a caravelle bench that we will be sleeping on for now but in future we will have a pop top so he will be sleeping on the 'velle bench.

All depends when I sell the evo, when I can get the roof done and most importantly when we actually go camping!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all your replies. My wife thinks we can all squeeze into the one bed, however, I'm more for leaving them with the Grandparents! I think we will try a cab bunk and see how we go......

·
Registered
352 Posts
A junior readybed from Argos across the front seats. I put a small weekend suitcase in the passenger footwell, and this plugs any gaps. Jobs a goodun ;-)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Upon reading this one, I guess that having those kinds of childrens or kids beds would be good, provided that your kid would love it. In the same way, you need to check out all the things that you might see upon in order to make things work out and make it even more better. I hope all is well with this one. Thanks for this thread!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Upon reading this one, I guess that having those kinds of childrens or kids beds would be good, provided that your kid would love it. In the same way, you need to check out all the things that you might see upon in order to make things work out and make it even more better. I hope all is well with this one. Thanks for this thread!
Again, this would definitely be a good thing to have for all of us. I really hope everything would be okay when you would be helping out your kid on this one.

·
Premium Member
6,274 Posts
We bought our kids a small caravan (£1200 Eriba Puck) to sleep in when we had our old tin top camper. We now put them in the roof of the T5. They like the roof but littlen (9) wants us to buy him a camp bed so he can sleep in the awning.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts