VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What an amazing day !

Went to visit wayne at chip wizard, what a top bloke the day started with a 300 mile trip to Rochdale which seemed to take for ever !

Once at chip Wizard first things first cup of tea ! (amazing customer service) then on to Vag Com nothing showing in the fault codes always a good thing.

Then on to the rolling road for the first run.

My van has EGR delete pipe K & N panel filter, de cat and Rakes PP2 nozzels.

First run topped out at 100 BHP, Waynes words "this is as flat as a witches tXt ???" :confused::confused::confused:

little worried as I was hoping it was going to go with out any issues. wayne sticks is head under the bonnet turns out that the EGR pipe had a split and was leaking resulting in poor boost 30 minutes of surgery and back on to the rolling road 105 BHP starting point but really bad curve and slow to pick up on boost but an improvement from earlier.

I could have taken the van home then and would still have thought it was a massive improvement but

3 hours of Wayne working his computer magic (I have no idea what what witch craft tacks place) oh and this included Chips and some pie, and half a pint of gravy it was good stuff but you would never be able to get it down south so I didn't remember its name.

The final result is a completely different van now pulls in 5th from 30 MPH unto as much as you like. no longer do you need to change down on the hills it just keeps going I have missed several motorway exits because I have been to happy giving it right foot action to notice Sat Nav was screaming at me to exit.

If you have not been to visit Wayne and have been thinking about it I would recommend it with out a second thought even if your van is completely standard !! The end result is that good and the best bit my fuel economy is better I am sure.

For those of you interested in the figures van topped out at 134.8 BHP this now has an excellent mid range curve with loads of torque this is 47 BHP increase on standard doesn't smoke and is smooth as silk.

Wayne says he isn't anything special and he is just doing what he does to the best of his ability.

This may be true but I still think he is a legend 10 out of 10 thanks !

:D:D:D

·
Registered
505 Posts
I had my standard van stroked by Wayne and thought it was pretty good, a bit more flexibility at the bottom end, easier all round but not the massive gains that people have quoted. And that's what I was hoping for, an easier drive. That is until yesterday when I followed a van overtaking a slow car and put my foot down hard, something I don't normally do. Wow! Much more power, much safer overtaking, really quite a surprise in a standard van.
So my vote goes to Wayne for a subtle brilliance in making my driving an even better experience than I'd hoped for.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
HAd mine done over Xmas last year. Massive improvement like stated. I'm pushing the same from a totally stock 2.5TDi 102. NOw sat just over 136bhp. awesome. T:

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Re: Chip Wizard does it again !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This sounds great but who is this guy and how do I contact him?

I have tried google searches but am still struggling.

Also how much does the service cost?
Google chip wizzard.
He's based in the wizzards den near rochdale. I:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.