VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I wonder if anyone can help.

I have a 2006 4motion remapped to 190 bhp (was a 130bhp). Now, all that power puts a smile on my face and the extra torque is useful for pulling the load I have to tow but the clutch has just began to slip slightly...for all I know it might be a very old clutch - I've only had the van since October last year.

So does anybody know the answer to these questions:

Is the clutch the same on the 130 and the 174 vans?

If it's not, can I put a 174 clutch on to my 4motion van?

If they are the same - does anyone have any pointers on a stronger clutch that could handle the extra horses and also be mated to a 4motion?

Thanks for any advice and answers - they will be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
485 Posts
It's torque that would make a clutch slip, and you can't get 190bhp from a stock 130 engine. Sorry if this comes across as negative but theres two facts :(

I can't answer your question but it could help if you gave some more background on your problem, like how many miles has the van done, what has it been used for and what is the exact symptom your having?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was remapped on a rolling road and i have the figures sheet from the rolling road - i was also there myself and saw it so unless he was conning me....i've certainly got much much better torque. But as I say clutch has began slipping because of torque so really want to put in a stronger cluch - van is 2006 with 120,000 miles on clock and everything else is fantastic.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Have a 4mo myself, and have always wondered if the clutch is already updated.
1st gear I believe is a slightly lower ratio, but not sure of other transmission components.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts