VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know if it is possible to remove the chip from my current key, 2003 t4 and stick in one of these LINK

In theory i can't see a reason why not, wouldn't need the spare key anymore so could use the chip in the new one... Any reason why not? :*

·
Registered
8,736 Posts
anyone know if it is possible to remove the chip from my current key, 2003 t4 and stick in one of these LINK

In theory i can't see a reason why not, wouldn't need the spare key anymore so could use the chip in the new one... Any reason why not? :*
Yes it does I have exactly that remote and fitted the chip from my old key. However don't do what I did & ignore the instruction to securley bond your chip in the fob. I thought a bit of blue tack would hold it. I found out the hard way when trying to start my van at 6.30am in the morning to get off the cross chanel ferry in France, I was right at the front blocking everyone:eek:

I would not recomend that remote however as the key blade fixing to the fob is really bad, I have ended up using my original key and only use the remote for the central locking, shame as it does look good.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes it does I have exactly that remote and fitted the chip from my old key. However don't do what I did & ignore the instruction to securley bond your chip in the fob. I thought a bit of blue tack would hold it. I found out the hard way when trying to start my van at 6.30am in the morning to get off the cross chanel ferry in France, I was right at the front blocking everyone:eek:

I would not recomend that remote however as the key blade fixing to the fob is really bad, I have ended up using my original key and only use the remote for the central locking, shame as it does look good.
Cheers for the advice, the key does look good but i was a bit concerned on quality at that price!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts