VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone comment on whether it is worth remapping/chipping a new 140 facelift T5. Anyone got any recommendations what has worked for them, from an economy and torque point of view for towing.

Also I assume this could invalidate the VW warranty on a new van, so there is a risk, any one had experience of this?

Trying to put an order together for a new van to convert as cannot find what we want second hand ... unless anyone has an 11+ plate with Twin side doors, preferably 4motion & black, with loads of extras?

Many thanks
K I:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: chipping a new 140 / new GP Facelift Order

Two grand, try £3200 more list price!!!
ouch!!
Just trying to put together an order for a kombi 4motion, and trying not to forget any important bits.
Can anyone recommend any factory upgrades that I really shoudn't miss. So far got:

Cab comfort pack
seat pack C (Heated front seats);
Seat pack B (front arm rest);
Tailgate glazed heated with wash wipe;
Front fog lights;
Rear parking sensors;
Radio upgrade (4 speaker with MP3 and Aux);
Twin side load doors Pack B;
Air conditioning;
Privacy glass;
appearance pack - going to give this a miss as going to get the bumpers redone something different anyway.
wheels will upgrade these at later date

what about air bags?? do they do rear airbags for a kombi for the kids??

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
If you don't go for appearance pack then folding mirrors is a must for about £150!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Appearance pack is a must really. Colour coded and electric mirrors. The bumpers are the good smooth type, rather than textured plastic which is not good to paint, also coloured rear corner panels. I love my cruise control, well worth the money, in fact I chose cruise over fogs, and have since retro fitted the fogs, I kinda wish I'd stumped up for them both at the beginning. I added smoking pack cos it was only £15 (I don't actually smoke but you get a handy ashtray and lighter) and interior central lock button, handy for security, if your waiting in a dodgy area and camping, to lock/unlock from inside without setting the alarm. I got alarm b and alternator upgrade also, good for charging the leisure battery. Oh, and don't forget free spare wheel.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I've just ordered a 180 4motion Kombi in Toffee, with
Appearance pack
Cruise
Heated seats
Single front seats with swivels
Cab comfort pack
Aarm pack B
Tow bar
Privacy glass
Smokers pack
Leather pack B for the multiple function leather wheel and trip computer
Parking heater with remote control
Front and rear parking sensors
Rcd 310 stereo
Front fog lights
Visibility pack (the one for the auto wipers)

Think that's all.....

·
Registered
383 Posts
Appearance pack
Cruise
Heated seats
Cab comfort pack
Alarm pack B
Tow bar
Privacy glass
Smokers pack
Rcd 310 stereo
Front fog lights

Think that's all.....

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I have a ship of Kombi 4 Motions and Kombi DSG arriving in a few weeks

I know someone who will rem app both 140 and 180
But.....
You need to get to Wales, and no remap is supported by VW, there is a risk of course.
They claim their map cannot be detected by VAGcomm or factory error codes but anyone could claim that
and I still wouldn't know for sure.

180's seem to be less popular for many reasons. Initial cost, worse MPG, micro turbocharger for second blower, feels not too different to drive, long delivery times,
and residual values very similar to 140 PS. The main thing I guess is to get six gears which both 140 and 180 has.
But even after saying all that I have a 180 arriving for me next week......

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Appearance pack
Cruise
Heated seats
Cab comfort pack
Alarm pack B
Tow bar
Privacy glass
Smokers pack
Rcd 310 stereo
Front fog lights

Think that's all.....
Must be from Simon then
I recognise that van
I think thats a great colour
Ask him for a clay kit when you get van
If your a T5 forum member we will send you some goodies like valeting bits

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you can get me a Twin SLD 4motion in a sensible lead time then very interested.Otherwise going to order one Monday.
I have a ship of Kombi 4 Motions and Kombi DSG arriving in a few weeks

I know someone who will rem app both 140 and 180
But.....
You need to get to Wales, and no remap is supported by VW, there is a risk of course.
They claim their map cannot be detected by VAGcomm or factory error codes but anyone could claim that
and I still wouldn't know for sure.

180's seem to be less popular for many reasons. Initial cost, worse MPG, micro turbocharger for second blower, feels not too different to drive, long delivery times,
and residual values very similar to 140 PS. The main thing I guess is to get six gears which both 140 and 180 has.
But even after saying all that I have a 180 arriving for me next week......

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi many thanks for the input.
Do you know if the RCD 310 is the one with screen for parking? or is that the RNS 310. I am so confused. If not then will prob just order the £75 upgrade to get the 4 speakers, and change the radio for the one on Ebay.

My hubby really wants the height adjustable seats and the armrests, but I really want the heated and the swivels, apparently cant have swivels with height adjustable ones..... any one got thoughts on this. He's a tall guy and want to be able to adjust height.
Was going to give appearnace pack a miss as will be customising the bumpers, spoiler etc.

Remembered to ask for smokers pack (to get cup holder) and spare wheel.

Colour ..... torn between toffee brown and pearl black.

Thanks so much for the comments, really appreciate it!
K x
Appearance pack
Cruise
Heated seats
Cab comfort pack
Alarm pack B
Tow bar
Privacy glass
Smokers pack
Rcd 310 stereo
Front fog lights

Think that's all.....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Appearance pack is a must really. Colour coded and electric mirrors. The bumpers are the good smooth type, rather than textured plastic which is not good to paint, also coloured rear corner panels. I love my cruise control, well worth the money, in fact I chose cruise over fogs, and have since retro fitted the fogs, I kinda wish I'd stumped up for them both at the beginning. I added smoking pack cos it was only £15 (I don't actually smoke but you get a handy ashtray and lighter) and interior central lock button, handy for security, if your waiting in a dodgy area and camping, to lock/unlock from inside without setting the alarm. I got alarm b and alternator upgrade also, good for charging the leisure battery. Oh, and don't forget free spare wheel.
Many thanks, I've got cruise on my disco an never use it. But defo want the fogs, like the idea of the cornering.

Will check with painter regarding the bumpers, I just thought as we were adding a different front spoiler there wasn't much point. I beleive the spotline spoiler goes onto the standard bumper...least thats what I have been told!
:)

·
Registered
383 Posts
Must be from Simon then
I recognise that van
I think thats a great colour
Ask him for a clay kit when you get van
If your a T5 forum member we will send you some goodies like valeting bits

Hi Swiss
Yes it was Through Simon T: just counting down the weeks now :(

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hi many thanks for the input.
Do you know if the RCD 310 is the one with screen for parking? or is that the RNS 310. I am so confused. If not then will prob just order the £75 upgrade to get the 4 speakers, and change the radio for the one on Ebay.
Thanks so much for the comments, really appreciate it!
K x
Not sure about that, the 310 is the £75 upgrade. I ordered it just to get the extra speakers with a view to adding the Kenwood later.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts