VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys this is probably going to be a silly question but ive only had my van for a couple of weeks, i got it as a crash repairable from where i work. As never owning a t4 before its a 1.9td and what seems to be a choke under the light switch, i havent driven it yet as it was deliverd to my house on one of my lorry's and stripped to a bare shell as i'm rebuilding the dash and bits (pics to follow soon). I've started it up and it ran a bit rough i pulled the choke thing out and it ran better. I've never known a turbo deisel with a choke is this correct or am i just being thick lol
Cheers and thanks T:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool thanks guys iam going to service it in the next couple of weeks so i will pop some new glow plugs in at the same time, if you click on the picures tab you can see my van, thanks again guys T:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I use mine every morning. Just leave it out for a few seconds in summer time, maybe a minute or two in winter. Van starts much easier and runs much smoother when it's used. I think it's called an excess fuel device. Basically it allows more fuel into the engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts