VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cig liter in pull out cup holder not working. Handbook says in dash fuse holder ITS NOT and then under front passenger seat ITS NOT . Where is it

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
'Should' be under the passenger seat , it may be hidden under the flooring ....if it definitely isnt there then ....eeerrr dunno :unsure:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the same issue with my t28 regarding fuse location for the ciggy lighter in the broken cup holder. I will be having another good look tomorrow when I have some other work to do. If I am any the wiser I will let you know it has taken me a few months on and off up to now to still not find it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i appreciate ur feedback - some effort eh --- well done
I managed to get on mine yesterday and indeed the fuse is located all alone for some reason under the double passenger seat. It took a little bit of working out but its fixed and working again now. , to be honest, I also found out that a new shiny silver 5 pence piece is nearly invisible and fits almost exactly in the bottom of said ciggy lighter. Explains why the fuses kept blowing as I replaced them but I just need to be more careful when using the tray as a loose change car park money holder.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Can I suggest routing the fuse holder into the area behind the handbrake under the floor mat for future ease of replacement! Those up facing 12v sockets are a nightmare with small kids around who drop thing them requiring removal of my double swivel to access. Even better you can fit a auto resetting thermal fuse in the holder which should me you won't need to touch it again, just clear the short.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts