VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Previously; stevemadbiker
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Anyone else having problems with the vans for sale and parts for sale section not being shown ???

Or is it cos I have not paid the tenner

anyone ???

steve

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
a couple of people had issues the other night but it was meant to be all sorted now,it actually seemed like it was an issue with needing to delete cookies or something ?? double dutch to me as im u/s with computers

·
Previously; stevemadbiker
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a couple of people had issues the other night but it was meant to be all sorted now,it actually seemed like it was an issue with needing to delete cookies or something ?? double dutch to me as im u/s with computers
:eek:

and me

LOL:

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
I can see them fine if I log out totally so the access permissions are OK.

All I can suggest is that you delete your cookies (I'm sure a google
search will enlighten you on how to do this far more effectively than I can)

I have been informed that deleting cookies will work.

I think maybe if you click on "logout" at the top left of the screen, then log back in again, it will delete the cookies that are causing the probs, but not 100% sure on that as I have not had the same problem so can't test the theory

·
Registered
751 Posts
No that doesn't work either.

When i'm logged in i can see the Vans for sale section but not the parts wanted/for sale sections? :confused:

If i log out i can't see any of them....but i could at the weekend? :confused:

Log back in after clearing cookies and still i can only view the Vans for sale section? :confused:

·
Registered
751 Posts
And that's different to what Jim Doodle posted the other day?

Sorry about that, should be sorted now.

Unregistered/guests can not see the classified section
Registered can see the vans for sale
Paid registered can see all
I'm unregistered but i can see the Van for sale section. :confused:

So on that statement it looks like the classified section has become/becoming pay per view only.

WHY?

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
What JD means is that:

Guests (meaning no username) can not see any of the classifieds.

Unegistered (meaning username but not paid) can see the vans for sale.

Regisetered (meaning username and paid) can see everything.

This is so people dont need to pay to Join to the forum just to look and see what vans are available if they don't already have one.

·
Premium Member
8,089 Posts
Hi steve, you are registered as "g60steve" you can not see the parts for sale as you are not a paid member, the vans is left open to non-members so they can still get involved, purchase a vehicle, and if they then want to join up.

They can enjoy all advantages, trader discounts, insurance discounts, exclusive classified section, show insurance and much more coming soon...

·
Registered
751 Posts
This is so people dont need to pay to Join to the forum just to look and see what vans are available if they don't already have one.
But i'm not looking for a van.

I need an early window winder handle for my T4 that usually costs a fiver but i've got to pay a tenner to enable me to look for one?? :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
751 Posts
So Jim if i didn't have a T4 i'm able to see one/buy one from on here without paying the membership fee but if i want to keep it on the road or upgrade it with spares being sold by paid up members i've got to pay a tenner to find the parts to do so?

That is really not on now is it?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
can i ask the moderators/admin

is classifieds only for paid members now?????? if so:

why this has changed? this was open before either paid or unpaid and it worked
as unpaid could read the ads from other people but not sell anything etc.

i know if i pay the tenner i can see the other sections in t4 that say private,
but can you explain then why is the whole of the t5 section open to view.

whats next block the whole site unless you pay ten pounds, bit unfair in my mind.
but thats just my thoughts on it and know what ppl will say is pay your tenner.......

·
Premium Member
8,089 Posts
Hi guys, you both know how it is, i know you might not want to join in, but they are the rules, as i explained just a few posts before

The vans is left open to non-members so they can still get involved, purchase a vehicle, and if they then want to join up.

They can enjoy all advantages, trader discounts, insurance discounts, exclusive classified section, show insurance and much more coming soon...
As for the T5 sections this is just a legacy permission, as the knowledge base isn't as full as the T4 we would not want to dupe people into thinking that we hold all the answers.

·
Registered
751 Posts
They are the rules!

But you change them at your will. :confused:

What benefit to the "Club" does making the parts for sale/wanted sections invisible to non paid up members do?

So it's possible if you're a non paid up member to buy a van from someone on here who is a paid up member but it's not possible to buy spares for or upgrade the said van if you're not a paid up member? :confused:

In my opinion(for what that's worth!)it does nothing but hinder the chances greatly of a paid up member selling his/her item.

Not everyone wants to "join in" but this is the only forum i'm registered to that makes you pay to buy used spares?

Amazing...it really is amazing!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Hi, as a paid up member, i must agree with the unregistered members views ref the classifieds. unfortunately the t4 forum is becoming a closed shop to selective paid up members, not general t4/t5 owners, there are plenty of "working van" owners out there who dont even know a forum for t4/t5 owners exists, some even scoff at the idea Rasp: Personally, I dont partake in forum/regional meetings/events/shows, not because im miserable/ unsociable, but because i have a full and busy life with other activities, including "work in progress" projcts on my own t4, so come on guys keep it REAL. This is my opinion, as im entitled to one, if ive offended/upset anyone, well, all i can say is, :*:*:*:*:*:*:*:* X

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have to agree...its not on! Another way of forcing people to pay up...out of order.
I agree to a certain extent to paying for good, quality technical advise, it can help you save a fortune in the long run but putting a registration fee on a 'parts for sale' section is daft!
But hey-ho, as said before people will just say 'pay your tenner'...opinions wont xount and the for sale section will remain 'at a cost.' :(

Dan

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
One way to make sure your opinion won't count, is to tell the person you are passing your opinion on to that they Wont listen anyway and you don't know why you bothered.

I agree that the for sale sections (vans and parts) should be open for everyone to view. And will make the suggestion to Admins to see what they think.

The best way to achieve this would be to make your suggestion and leave it at that. Not to add the "I don't know why I bother" type comment at the end.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts