VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm in teh process of refurbing my camper conversion and need to know the best way to clean altro type flooring - its just dirt/grime from teh last 5 years use, I have scrubbed it with flash etc but doen't make much difference??:*

Any tips apprecated
T:

·
Registered
137 Posts
We use this type of flooring in our club, neat bleach will do the job without harming the flooring. Just be careful and ensure your doors are open

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi alto make their own cleaner it's called alto clean, alto is a bugger to clean because of its non slip , if the floor is really dirty pour the alto clean on neat and leave for a few minutes the n just rinse off comes up a treat.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Distilled malt vinegar, once dries theres not a smell at all. Use it on there neat scrubbing with a brush and dry with a towel i also do 1 part vinegar to 2 parts water. Problem with any harsh cleaner it will leave a residue but you dont with the vinegar and its been used for decades. Then when it gets a bit muddy just clean it with washing up liquid.T:

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Altro flooring may be durable but it holds grime and never seems to get clean. Would'nt even bother with the stuff.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi Clash, we also sell 2.5 metre pieces cut off the roll which I think would be the best option for you and will save you some money. The original wheel arches are the most difficult part to cut as you have them boxed then you will not have this difficulty. The 2.5 metre piece including next day delivery is £54 Otherwise yes a bit of trimming of the pre cut piece will also work. It is best to glue the Altro flooring down to stop it from lifting.

Cheers

Harrisons Trim Supplies

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
We install checkouts in supermarkets and when you remove them there is a run of scum/dirt/grime left on the floor, most cleaning products won't touch it.

Watching the many different store cleaners have different tips including vinegar. But the best I've seen is cheap 16p a bottle lemonade, pour it on leave it for a few minutes then rinse off with soapy water. Makes you wonder what they put in it and worry what it does to your insides!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
That is worrying with the lemonade but does the job.

We can take the order over the phone or I can send you a Paypal invoice. We also supply the glue, Trimfix high temperature spray adhesive which is £4 a tin. Phone number is 01274877733

Cheers

Harrisons Trim Supplies

1 - 15 of 15 Posts