VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my T5 for a month or two now, I am loving it, cleaning it is very different to a car, size wise mainly, not the problem, I like the extra work.

The fact it used to be a works van, means there was a lot of grime and such. Which I am still working through, mainly nooks and crannies now.

What I was wondering is, how do you clean your roof?

I'm small at 5ft7, and my drive is on a 45 degree slope, I sometime put it on the flat round the back of the house to clean it properly, I often open up all the doors and stand on the door steps to clean bits of the roof but it doesn't reach anywhere near the middle.

Is it literally going to be a ladder job? I tried using an extendable arm with a head on to clean the roof. Although it reached all the areas I don't think the roof had ever been cleaned before I owned it, there is a lot of grime an elbow grease needed up there.

Cheers all

T:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Step ladder T:, if it's as dirty as you say try using Daisy ( cheep washing up liquid from tesco's) and a good wash mitt, then clay, polish and protect with a sealant or wax of your choice. Did mine yesterday, used Autobrite nano sealant which lasts a year, now has a wet look finnish.:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts