VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Nice simple question:

Where can you get orange bulbs to use with clear indicators?

I had a quick look in Halfrawds and could only see the clear version, or orange bulbs with offset locating pins....

Can someone help??

Gareth

·
Registered
542 Posts
I had this problem with my fronts. Save yourself a few quid & instead of getting the bulbs with the ofset pins go down your local scrap yard & get the bulb holders & bulbs form a Ford galaxy / Vw sharan / Seat alhambra. Just the same as t4 ones but take the normal orange bulbs T:

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I belive that OSRAM do them and name(d) them RAINBOW but I have also seen them named CHROMED
Tey are an absolute must if having clear or white indicator lenses:)

·
Registered
433 Posts
in my opinion i have run both and you cant see the indicator as clear with even the best chrome bulb orange ones are better clearer signals on round abouts nice bright orange flash! T: upto you mate I:

·
Registered
433 Posts
in my opinion i have run both and you cant see the indicator as clear with even the best chrome bulb orange ones are better clearer signals on round abouts nice bright orange flash! T: upto you mate I:
i have always had chrome bulbs come up with advisorys on mot's as they always flash pinky or duller

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
How about clear LED clusters/SMD LED's, that go in a normal bulb holder that flash orange?, proper ones will have a shunt resistor to represent load so they work with flasher relays and also don't throw up a fault lamp.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts