VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be joining the ranks of the clinically stupid, but i have finally got around to purchasing clear indicators, I know they should have been got a lot earlier but I now cannot seem to work out how the front light cluster comes off to change over the lenses.

I spoke to the local VW commercial dealer and they mention tension sprung and just poppin out and "oooh a 2003 T4, cant put clear indicators on that, its only if they come from the factory like it"????

Anyone got a bright idea!! Sorry for the pun, or in the southampton area and can pop around and show me...

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Spring clip on back of indicator in the engine bay, unclip and indicator slides off forwards T:
Dunno if it's diifferent on long nose and dont know if vented has a ln or sn.

But the short nose has a clip on the side and you slide a screwdriver down top side of indicator and slide out...

That's how i do mine anyway....T:

·
Registered
403 Posts
I changed mine in less than a couple of minutes....& never changed them before, just popped a screwdriver down from the top, with bonnet open, as mentioned earlier, slid old out, put new in, job done.
..... forgot to get some amber bulbs though so will have to take them off again I:
but they totally change the look of the van :cool:

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I changed mine in less than a couple of minutes....& never changed them before, just popped a screwdriver down from the top, with bonnet open, as mentioned earlier, slid old out, put new in, job done.
..... forgot to get some amber bulbs though so will have to take them off again I:
but they totally change the look of the van :cool:
Dont get amber bulbs, get silver 1's...T:... be careful on ebay for the 99p 1's tho, they are sprayed silver...H:... and are ****, i got mine off t4s r us at a show last year and look much better than orange bulbs...T:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Dont get amber bulbs, get silver 1's...T:... be careful on ebay for the 99p 1's tho, they are sprayed silver...H:... and are ****, i got mine off t4s r us at a show last year and look much better than orange bulbs...T:
Never thought of that, cheers T:T:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts