VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, had anyone used Clearcut Concersions in Devon? My mate has had his van there for ages now and is a bit concerned as the delay just keeps getting longer and longer for various reasons/excuses???

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Waiting for a seat at the moment but each time I see him expecting it to be finished its still down there:(

·
Registered
476 Posts
mine's booked in next week,they seem to be stacked out with work at the mo.i only live 15mins away so if you need any help just let me know.

·
Registered
209 Posts
We had ours converted by Clearcut Conversions in August 2012 and the work was completed on time. We then had our Eberspacher fitted by them in November and that was done on time too. We were committed to using the van around the times of both pieces of work so we told them the date and time we needed the work to be finished by. We had paid a deposit in advance so they could order in the items they needed.

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
I dont know Richard personally, but he has been involved in bongos about the same time as myself....it has a much smaller community and i only ever hear good words.
Sometimes in a busy conversion business, a few things happen and it doesnt take much for a build schedule to be disrupted by a week or 2.
Its not great for the customer, but equally frustrating for the business owner who is trying to get things out on time.
With beds and roofs, which are usually ordered in, a delay on the supply side can cause havock.
I am sure you will be pleased when you get itT:.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its not my van, just enquiring on behalf of a friend, spoke to the guy today and he said that he actually dropped the van off early hence its been away for so long so all goodT:

·
Registered
400 Posts
Its not my van, just enquiring on behalf of a friend, spoke to the guy today and he said that he actually dropped the van off early hence its been away for so long so all goodT:
It's a bit dangerous to post a statement that casts aspersions on the converter, don't you think, without having all the facts? Anybody who reads the opening post of the thread and misses what you've just said may wrongly believe that Richard and Lee aren't reliable. Just a thought.....as an extremely happy and loyal customer of Clearcut! I:

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dangerous in what way:* Is there something I should know about Clearcut?? Not going to find a horse's head in my bed am I??????:confused: Not the West Country Mafia:eek:

You are welcome to interpret my post in any way you want but don't accuse me of doing something that I have not please, genuine post, genuine repliesT:

In fact anyone reading this will clearly see that Clearcut have many happy customers:D

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
To be honest people often drop a van off to me early due to it suiting their availability for dropping a van off ( when it may be a few hours drive)..........that doesnt mean i will start working on it just because it is there!.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Dangerous in what way:* Is there something I should know about Clearcut?? Not going to find a horse's head in my bed am I??????:confused: Not the West Country Mafia:eek:

You are welcome to interpret my post in any way you want but don't accuse me of doing something that I have not please, genuine post, genuine repliesT:

In fact anyone reading this will clearly see that Clearcut have many happy customers:D
Ah, the nuances of the English language. There are several ways of interpreting the word dangerous in this context! It's very simple. Your original post was inaccurate. Your follow up post clearly implied that your friend was not "concerned", as he had dropped his van off early. Don't post without the full facts. It would be fairer to edit your first post, for the sake of anybody who takes it at face value and reads no further. It could cost an honest company future business. That's the danger! Simples! By the way, it is a genuine reply. You asked for responses from people who had done business with Clearcut. You got them!Rasp:

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No f*****g pleading some people!! The posts speak for themselves, no need to edit anythingRasp:

·
Registered
400 Posts
No f*****g pleasing some people!! The posts speak for themselves, no need to edit anythingRasp:
Perhaps you should re-read your first post before you decide that. Since you've resorted to obscenity, I can only assume you're a touch angry. Did I perhaps touch a nerve by pointing out that you've behaved badly?

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
resorted to obscenity
No I just swear a lot

Seeing as you have resorted to being an annoying **** can I assume that I have touched a nerve with you because I really don't give a toss about what you have to say:*

·
Registered
400 Posts
No I just swear a lot

Seeing as you have resorted to being an annoying **** can I assume that I have touched a nerve with you because I really don't give a toss about what you have to say:*
It's not about me. I do give a toss, though, because you have impuned the reputation of an honest company and make no apology for it. You may have corrected the information way down the thread, but you have left the original accusation about them being late, making excuses etc. in the public domain. That does touch a nerve, as it should.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts