VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Has anyone got an idea what a clicking noise could be coming from the engine after coming off the accelerator and then reapplying acceleration which sounds quite loud though the van drives well. Could it be something to do with the potentiometer thingy?? Any ideas?

·
Registered
37 Posts
You got it, vacum pump
they get tired and start sticking in side, should be on the front of the engine on the left hand side down the bottom

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for info. Could this be because its on its way out soon or has it life left in it as am planning a trip soon and dont want any hiccups. As stated drives fine up to now?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Should be ok mate, does the brake pedal still fill good, i mean its not going to the floor is it ? Mines been like it for the last ten thousand miles

·
Registered
146 Posts
To do with the brakes then
yeh its the assistance (without it your brakes would be like they are with the engine off), im having mine replaced tomoro, has been tapping for about 1500miles, was told by VW if its not sorted in can damage the cam shaft (not sure if thats true), but anyway i got a guy near me doing it who spealises in VW, for £275, £55 cheaper then the nxt best quote i had!! oh and i had a lot of quotes!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts