VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I recently brought a T4 2.5 TDI 2002 and everytime I turn the power off the clock re-sets itself :(

I was told that I needed to re-place the fuse to fix this problem, the fuses seem fine and there doesn't seem to be a constant power supply to the clock and also the miles. Everthing else is fine including the total milage.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

I'd like to have ago at re-wiring the van does anyone know where I can get a Hagues book for a T4?

Will ;)

·
Registered
121 Posts
i think there is a second fuse possibly at the top of the fuse box and horizontally i think.

happened to my van also but that was nearly a yr ago hence being vague but worth a try

Cheers Ben :ILU:

·
Registered
449 Posts
I had this problem go to the fuse box right underneath there is a black cover facing the floor that slides off there is a couple of fuses inside this cover i think it was 15 amps but not sure does the trip reset aswell ?
Happy hunting Paxo

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for everyone's help :D

go to the fuse box right underneath there is a black cover facing the floor that slides off there is a couple of fuses inside this cover i think it was 15 amps
Thanks Paxo, i would have never known that existed, it worked a treat A:

·
Registered
305 Posts
No worries matey happy to help fellow t4 er :) Regards Paxo

Hi i have the same prob but eveybody seems to be giving you the wrong answer,

My clock was the same til about two weeks ago and it was resetting itself for about a year then suddenly it stopped,

Its the PCB behind the speed gauge, there are 6 solders that are faulty with veryminor cracks only visible with a magnifying glass.

Do you have probs with the temp gauge and sometimes the fuel gauge? if so thats def the prob, In my case if the fuse was gone wouldnt the clock just go and anyway it defo wouldnt store suddenly its the pcb.

Theres a step by step guide on the site here think its under my temp gauge doesnt work,

Step by step plus pics how to fix.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I had same problem on my older T4 fuel gauge and temp gauge but that was not the fuse the above problem resetting clock and trip is defo the fuse

·
Registered
305 Posts
Ok fair enough,

But i have the temp gauge and fuel gauge and clock,

But just the other day the clock stored the temp gauge moved and petrol gauge was spot on, so i reckon in my case the led that is crack touched again and came back on so in my case it cant be the fuse for the clock.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Paxo's fuse suggestion worked fine for me, as it was only the clock and the mileage (not the total mileage although I wish it was!)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Paxo's fuse suggestion worked fine for me, as it was only the clock and the mileage (not the total mileage although I wish it was!)
yeah exactly, i suppose if it was just the clock id have a pop at the fuse,

But as ive read on here T4's are known for the other problems mentioned

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I recently brought a T4 2.5 TDI 2002 and everytime I turn the power off the clock re-sets itself :(

I was told that I needed to re-place the fuse to fix this problem, the fuses seem fine and there doesn't seem to be a constant power supply to the clock and also the miles. Everthing else is fine including the total milage.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

I'd like to have ago at re-wiring the van does anyone know where I can get a Hagues book for a T4?

Will ;)
Make sure you push the plug/connection in the back of clocks,had the same problem on a golf also if you went over a bump......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts