VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

261 - 264 of 264 Posts

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
hey got 2.5tdi acv 1995 with mechanic speedo have replaced speedo sensor brought electronic tachometer with wiring loom have put on new wires but is dont work any1 had this issue?
Didn't know they made a 2.5tdi acv 1995 o_O

as to wiring, you might need to 'knit' a bit, Central Electric 2 Cluster is usefull as a guide to cluster pinouts & Central Electric 2 for general fusebox info(y)

For some reason since the site was updated the original Penbryn artical is missing the Cluster numbers, and the pinouts. It just says ''no code has been inserted here''
Does anyone have this info as im looking for a set of non canbus clocks for my tdi conversion. thx
what type cluster are you thinking of?

I run a tdi conversion in my '95 and use a B3 or B4 Passat cluster with revcounter & mfa, also cruise:cool:

Rich.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes - because the cluster already uses the RPM signal for monitoring oil pressure

Nope, you can use either a 1.9D/TD or a 2.4D cluster but not a 2.5TDI one as the signal for engine speed is generated by the ECU on the 2.5TDI

Yes everything will work fine.

Yes, and Maybe. You can only change the odo reading upwards with VAGCOM/VCDS i.e. if it reads 56k you change it to any value above 56k but not down. If however you have VAG tacho you can zero the mileage or set to any value you like. Yes mileage is stored in the cluster

If you have any more questions just ask.
Hi sorry to jump on this. I have a mid cluster from 1997 1.9td. It has burnt out in 2 places. The top right as you look at the front, and also a few pins going into the eeprom. I have sourced a replacement set but mileage is way higher. I’ve tried using vagtacho 3.1 on this to correct the mileage but it won’t connect to the cluster. Should this be possible? What could I be doing wrong?

261 - 264 of 264 Posts