VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some in black...anyone have any ideas where I might find some?

Cheers

Steve*<:)>

·
previously known as: first t4
597 Posts
i've made a pair of bars out of 48 od or 2"galve tube .and i'm powder coating them gloss black for my van.also in the prosess of making a second pair .can let you have some pics once the first pair are fitted iff you want.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
PP Tunning are going to market these at some stage. Spoke to them a couple of weeks ago and there not in production as yet. Will be buying a set for my van T:

·
Registered
372 Posts
i modified a set of Tidy T Bars to sit neat against my sills by slotting the brackers they hang from.
was a simple job to do but i wouln't do it again as the stainless bars have made my steel T4 corrode (rust) where in contact with the stainless bars if i done it again i would leave a tiny gap to prevent this form hapening again...

Henley

·
Registered
596 Posts
i modified a set of Tidy T Bars to sit neat against my sills by slotting the brackers they hang from.
was a simple job to do but i wouln't do it again as the stainless bars have made my steel T4 corrode (rust) where in contact with the stainless bars if i done it again i would leave a tiny gap to prevent this form hapening again...

Henley

if you've slotted the brackets can you not move them out a touch ??

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PP Tunning are going to market these at some stage. Spoke to them a couple of weeks ago and there not in production as yet. Will be buying a set for my van T:
They were my first choice as I like the style but I've been asking for a few months without any joy - they're so good at exhausts they haven't time to make side bars!! One of the reasons I wanted close fit is cos of my PPT side exit systemT:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i've made a pair of bars out of 48 od or 2"galve tube .and i'm powder coating them gloss black for my van.also in the prosess of making a second pair .can let you have some pics once the first pair are fitted iff you want.
Sounds good...let us see some photos when they're done. Probably a bit ambitious for my metal work skillsI:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Henley
That sounds like a good ideaT: Can you still use the jacking points??

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
They were my first choice as I like the style but I've been asking for a few months without any joy - they're so good at exhausts they haven't time to make side bars!! One of the reasons I wanted close fit is cos of my PPT side exit systemT:
Same problem Steve, side exhaust from PPT, so I want a set of their side bars. I'll phone them again in the next couple of days, see if the bars are going into production.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I don't think with any sidebars you'll be able to use the original jack on the sills as they will be blocked by the bars... I have no issues jacking mine up with a trolley jack atall though....

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Hi there!

I know these from the UK-made 4x4-brandsI:
With that in mind, it has allways been an issue reg fitting.
Where to bolt?
Where & how do you guys fit them to your busses?
A picture would be greatly appreciated;)

·
Registered
406 Posts
anybody know if any off something like a land rover would fit without to much work?

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
If off one of Solihull finest, than off a 90 or a 110
I would guess a 11o would suit a SWB Van
However I dont see the fitting mating up at all as most original and AM Land Rover Defender parts bolt to the outriggers.
The original LR parts tend to corrode badly:(

The early Discoverys (1 and maybe2) might be a basic part needed modification to fit a T4
Measure up the wheelarch distance
Tight fitting parts off Range Rover Classic should not be OK at all as the RRC has a sway in the bottom body-line. Not the fact on the Discovery 1 and Defender.
Fittings are however identical on the RRC and the Disco1 as they share the boxframeT:

Any such mod might interest me though;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts