VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It does look like its moving a fair bit, was it clunking when on the ramps as i couldnt tell i the vid,
Yes it was clunking. felt more inside the van.
I was being particularly rough with letting clutch out fast. And it was louder than when driving..

After the test my clutch was screeching when I drove off up a hill..!! Not done it since.. Clutch slipping??

There is also the chirping noise which I read is from the exhaust gasket. It is happening more often recently..

·
Registered
530 Posts
Maybe worth changing it to make sure, £30 on ebay for topran branded.
I never heard a clutch screetch before, do you think it could of been the aux belt slipping?
And i have not idea what the chirping noise is, it seemed to do when you gave it biggest jolts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Maybe worth changing it to make sure, £30 on ebay for topran branded.
I never heard a clutch screetch before, do you think it could of been the aux belt slipping?
And i have not idea what the chirping noise is, it seemed to do when you gave it biggest jolts
The screech is very low pitch. More like a grumble, aux belt screech usually high pitch no?

Anyhow yesterday I noticed the front lower wishbone bushes are shot. The rear ones.
That'll be the brake shake I get at high speeds then.
Could this be the clunk?
I made another video with one side jacked up..

·
Registered
530 Posts
ive had wishbone bushes that clunked on an astra before, changed just about everything else first though.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts