VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all
I bought a 1995 lwb 2.5 yesterday and drove it back to London from the Birmingham area
The van ran really well the only very slight problem is the clutch peddle needs to be fully depressed to engage 1st gear,Is there an adjustment i could make or is this a sign that the clutch is on its way out ( it does not slip at all 125,00 on the clock )
Many thanks
Oh And happy valentines ladies I:

·
Pedal box guru
2,616 Posts
Morning all
I bought a 1995 lwb 2.5 yesterday and drove it back to London from the Birmingham area
The van ran really well the only very slight problem is the clutch peddle needs to be fully depressed to engage 1st gear,Is there an adjustment i could make or is this a sign that the clutch is on its way out ( it does not slip at all 125,00 on the clock )
Many thanks
Oh And happy valentines ladies I:
Hi,

Could be your pedal box has suffered from the dreaded pedal box failure.

Stick your head in the footwell press the clutch pedal by hand, watch the master cylinder as you do it, if there is ANY sideways movement then it has broken.
To double check gently feel between the two bolts that hold the master cylinder to the pedal box, if you can feel a crack or a sharp edge, then it is definitely knackered.

Call me if you need any more help.

Cheers Trev.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts