VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Have just heard from the mechanic that as well as the clutch and dmf wheel going the gearbox has gone as well! i'm gutted!!!
Is this normal she's a 1.9 104 on an 05 plate with only 94,000 on the clock!?? has anyone had these problems all at once??

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Hi mate sorry about the problems you're having. It's quite common that if the DMF fails it can take the input shaft out at the same time, it happened on my caddy, but not that expensive to put right for me as i build gearboxes for a living. i feel you're pain though buddy i really do

·
Registered
28 Posts
Did you have any symptoms prior to it going?? My 55 plate 104 88,000 miles has just started juddering on the odd morning but only in first. It is still intermittent and I don't want to commit to the £600 just yet.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
A little juddering when reversing and a bit of a rattle from the DMF on over run and then bang gone. I'm just doing my T5 as we speak started banging and rattling on over run so out it comes.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
It's funny you don't realise how bad they are until you get it sorted. Then you fall in love with them again until the next thing goes LOL:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got her back at the weekend and she's driving like a dream!!!! :) she's running so smooth!!!! so happy!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts