VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just wondering for some advice..

My T4 has been idle for a few months so week off work and decided to go away on a much needed break..

But put my foot on the clutch and it goes down and dosnt get back up...

The fluid was alittle low so topped it up. Checked for leaks and nothing glaringly obvious, following a few suggestions I blead the system and topped it back up .. but still no pedal popping back up. Does anyone have a suggestion or what to look for..

Any help would be greatly appreciated Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Car Trunk
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior Gas

Many thanks for any help or suggestions

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dead slave or master cylinder. you might be lucky and have the slave on the outside of the gearbox on a T4
Cheers for that. great I'm not getting away and doing repairs this week LMAO is there anything i need to look for to tell if its the master or slave?

My T4 is 2003 - T4 TDI 2.5 102BHP know if that will outline where they will be on the T4 but a quick search says its a gearbox out job!!!! 😱🤯😭😭😭😭😭😭

·
Registered
1992 T4 2.0 petrol AAC LWB Bilbo's Celeste Lowlie
25 Posts
Hello,

I had something very similar with my 1992 AAC petrol T4. I found the bleed valve on the slave was loose (!). Bled the system from the junction in your photo forward down to the slave, tightened up and all good to go. Hasn't been a problem since.
The slave is down on the gearbox. You can reach it by dangling your longest arm down between the battery and the coolant reservoir. You'll recognise the bleed valve as being very similar to those used on brake lines.

Hope this helps you out.

Julian

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Julian, went back for another check .. and still nothing found where it all goes and still the same no signs.. then decide to follow the whole system.. and I found a leak...
Automotive tire Gas Auto part Close-up Metal

I actually thought had I spilt some reblead Again! And we're working... Looking at it that was the level the Res was too when I topped it this morning. Looks like it's at the rear and been stood it dried up so just need to replace that... Thanks for all your help guys just need to look into changing that tank now.

Again thanks all

1 - 7 of 7 Posts