VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had to go to the hospital today to have a heart monitor recorder fitted to me.:( so thought id make a bit of a journey of it and clare came with me. was on our way home when there was a little bang and the clutch pedel went in the air nearly to the dash board.So as i was on my way home every gear change got harder and harder to make to the point where the last 15 mile i never used the clutch just timed gear changes T:.

when i got home ive looked at it and its the bracket that holds the hydaulic switch has sheared off :confused::eek::mad:

so just had a look at the spare one i have and it looks like a nightmare to change

so on the day before i was going to go to the ace cafe for the help for heroes our van is broke .

whats even worse the doka has a badly worn wheel bearing so cant go in that, and my panel van is un taxed and un mot'd

so will now be going to the ace in my father in laws volvo 740 estate :eek:

so has anyone on here changed a clutch pedel bracket? and how hard is it ??

it looks like the brake servo is attached to the clutch pedel bracket AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
wedge a peice of wood under it as a temp fix till you get it sorted ! at least you will get to ace with ya van . i cant make it , im bloomin working :(

·
Premium Member
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wedge a peice of wood under it as a temp fix till you get it sorted ! at least you will get to ace with ya van . i cant make it , im bloomin working :(
cant wedge anything under it as its broken on the top

·
Super Moderator
3,400 Posts
Baz, i welded ours in situ night before we departed for france last year. Still going strong but did burn the carpet a tadI:

As for the 24hour tape, speaking from the 'jam tart trade' point of view, make sure you put the times in the diary when all this took place, or the bird checking your recorder will flip out:eek:;)

·
Premium Member
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Baz, i welded ours in situ night before we departed for france last year. Still going strong but did burn the carpet a tadI:

As for the 24hour tape, speaking from the 'jam tart trade' point of view, make sure you put the times in the diary when all this took place, or the bird checking your recorder will flip out:eek:;)
cheers bud thought of the in situ but me an welders have caused fires before :D

an on the tape front i have this every year and every year i dont get any dodge beats when i have the recorder on and every time i take it off i have lots of iregular beats typical eh:*

lord farquard ive replied to your pm T:

·
Premium Member
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well a big thankyou to lord farquad for the how to change your clutch pedal bracket email
(just it doesnt only take an hour):eek:

started at 10am took off spare bracket, then had to find someone to weld it, took off broken one replaced it with fixed one,
all done at 16.40 :D
so now have a very high clutch in the van, and another bracket to repair and replace on the other 2 vans and after doing the other two ill have a reinforced bracket spare
... cool

just a shame i couldnt get to the ace to see everyone

1 - 12 of 12 Posts