VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - clutch failed this morning, pedal goes right to floor with no resistance. Tried to bleed the upper bleed nipple but no fluid came through, despite reservoir full up. So, took pipe from clutch MC and disconnected it from bleed nipple assembly, and attached my bleed pipe setup straight to that pipe. Pumped pedal many times, no fluid coming from pipe so I'm pretty sure its goosed, no doubt because by pedal box has the usual fail. (Will be ordering the fix bracket off here obviously)

Anyway, my thinking is that if there's fluid in reservoir, and that fluid is reaching master cylinder but not coming out of pipe attached to master cylinder (that goes to upper bleed nipple) when pedal is pumped, it must be the MC. That sound logical?

New MC ordered from GSF, £70 - would rather not soil it with fluid if its not that part at fault, any suggestions gratefully received...

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorted this now, level of reservoir had got so low that there was loads of air in system. After bleeding lower nipple it was back to normal. My mistake was to try and do the top bleed nipple first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts