VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found a van for sale that im interested in, only thing is it has a sticky clutch pedal! :eek:
apparently its the bearing and it only sticks occasionally. hmmm???
how much would it be to fix or replace as i would hope to knock this cost off the sale price?

·
Registered
647 Posts
found a van for sale that im interested in, only thing is it has a sticky clutch pedal! :eek:
apparently its the bearing and it only sticks occasionally. hmmm???
how much would it be to fix or replace as i would hope to knock this cost off the sale price?
whats the van petrol diesel 1.9 2,0 2.5 tdi year I:

·
Registered
740 Posts
I dont know if it makes a difference but my clutch needs replacing soon on my 1.9t i got two quotes one was £500 :eek: and the other £300 T: a good clutch kit is about £100 so £200 to fit......fair price i guess
*<:)>

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi,
Tbf you are looking at about 300 quidish for the kit with dmf and anything from 400- 800 for fitting unless you got a good friend who likes pound notes!!
Craig

·
Registered
422 Posts
Blimey is that because its a 2.5?
*<:)>
The actual clutch release bearing is about £70 as its a hydraulic one, but as you have to take the gearbox off you may as well fit a new clutch & DMF at the same time, false economy not too.

Take the van for a test drive and see how it feels, my release bearing was making quite a lot of noise for about 6 months, it stalled a couple of times but I saved up to have the lot done and it as about £400 plus parts and they had to fit a new main end seal on the engine too. You can do it yourself but its a right pain in the to get the gearbox on and off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts